Friday, January 13, 2017

dancing goat studio began in a room above my garage in 1998. "making something out of nothing" (edward hopper), has been a long time favorite quote of mine.  a quote, originally learned as an art/design college student at the university of minnesota, twin cities. fabulous professors taught me the value of art; while wonderful role models; such as my mother, older sister and grandmother, taught me the joy of making. i have been creating using a variety of mediums from a very young age.  
i was a book artists as a pre-schooler when i would draw extra characters in my sisters picture books, as an elementary school student i would sell handmade stuffed critters with googly eyes to kids on the school bus and in high school i was often caught crocheting teddy bears during journalism class.  

i was a born maker.  it was only natural that i found myself in college learning about fine art and visual design.  later, as a young mother, i realized the importance of mother earth and understood my responsibility to  my children and future generations.  i began creating earth friendly art and teaching paper-making in the community and area schools.  my commitment to creating all things recycled continues at dancing goat studio.        kim wendlandt



up-cycled wool sweater flowers
original altered book purse


velvet curtain tie backs become cuff bracelets

re-purposed book pages become wallet/envelopes

altered scrabble board purse
clutch altered book purse

altered book purse with re-styled belt handle



No comments:

Post a Comment

moving forward in 2022 dancing goat will be open thursday-saturday beginning may 28th for the summer season. follow us on facebook and insta...